Funding your Care

You may be able to claim financial assitance from the government in the form of benefits and allowances if you meet certain criteria. Below we have outlined the main ones that we think may be of interest to you. Make sure you research these as some assessments assume that you are receiving these benefits already so make sure you are not missing out.

This informaiton is taken from the Gov.UK website and may be subject to change. Although we are happy to chat with you about your needs, the information below is provided for information purposes only.

Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is for people requiring financial help when dealing with long-term ill-health or a disability for people aged 16 to 64.

To qualify for this, a person must have to ‘daily living’ and or mobility.

You must have had these difficulties for 3 months and expect them to last for at least 9 months. If you’re terminally ill (ie not expected to live more than 6 months), you don’t need to have had these difficulties for 3 months.

You could get between £21.80 and £139.75 a week based on how the condition affects you, following an assesment. This will also be regularly reassesed.

Attendance Allowance

If you are physically or mentally disabled, you could be entitled to up to £55.10 or £82.30 a week to help with personal care a week. This is paid in two different rates depending on the level of your care needs.

 Carer's Allowance

The Carer's Allowance is currently £62.10 per week and is available to anyone who is 16 or over and spends at least 35 hours a week caring for a person. The carer's allowance is taxable and may affect other benefits.